On 30 Oct 2012, at 18:07, Simon Ochsenreither wrote:

The response on the lambda mailing list reminds me of that response from the Guava guy which was also along the lines of "don't even bother talking to us, everything you could say was already considered and rejected internally".

I am a friend and colleague of the "Guava guy" in question, with a deep sense of his professionalism and experience with his overall judgement. What you just said here is a reduction of his comment past the point of honest interpretation. Critique specific design choices all you like, if it makes you happy, but making it into a personal attack is appalling and does nothing but create a hostile space in which those you want to convince have little incentive to listen.

regards,
Christian.