On Thu, 02 May 2013 10:46:31 +0200, Roland Tepp <luol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Let's just say, that I've been bitten more often by missing documentation
in large and complex legacy applications rather than outdated one.

I don't disagree here and in the remainder of your post - but, again, I think we're referring to different kind of comments, as it already happened in this thread. I also often find missing documentation, but it's not the detailed level inside the code that I was referring to, and that often gets out of sync. I see lack of architectural and high-level documentation, let's say at component level.

In any case, if there is documentation, that does not match code, it raises
my flags and I go to the business analyst or architect and figure out the

Correct, but if a system raises lots of red flags everywhere, red flags become meaningless.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."