-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Job Hunter
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:01 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Turning off Jaws speech

Hi Everyone:

Is there a Jaws keyboard command that will temporarily silence Jaws speech,
without having to unload the program?  For example, if I am going to record
something directly from the sound card and I don't want to accidentally have
any Jaws speech on the recording, then I would want to silence the speech
just before I hit the key to start the recording.

I am using Jaws 6.2.  I have looked through the help files and did some
Google searches, with no success.  I know that if it is possible, then
someone on this list will have the answer.

Thanks,
John
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com