Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:28 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS not copying text from a web-site.

Hi Mike,
Sometimes the verbosity settings prevent JAWS from saying messages like “Copied selection to clipboard,” but you say that the text is not actually copied. If sighted users can copy the text normally, try to press INSERT+3 before pressing CTRL+C. This prior command will pass the next keystroke (in this case CTRL+C) directly to the active application as if JAWS were not loaded, which allows you to determine wetter or not the issue is caused by assignments in JAWS key map files. If the text is copied correctly by doing that, check that the CTRL+C keystroke in Default.jkm is assigned to the CopySelectedTextToClipboard script; if not, assign CTRL+C to this script by using the JAWS Keyboard Manager.