-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Victor Gouveia
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:26 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] display driver update help needed

HI Cher,

I have good news and bad news for you.

First, the good news...

Your problem can be fixed, and the best part is that once you fix that
problem, a great many other problems will be fixed.

The bad news?

You have to do a re-install and format of your drive.

My brother made the mistake of doing that, namely naming the local drive
another letter, other than C, and it completely didn't allow him to install
a bunch of other things, including Jaws and Zoom Text.

The major problem is that programs like Jaws and others, look for the
default of the C drive when it installs and access the various program
functions, so, if you don't have a C drive, you get a number of errors when
you go to run a program.

I should also point out that the Jaws Video Intercept doesn't ask you which
drive to install to, it will automatically install on the C drive, so if
there is no C drive, it isn't getting installed properly.

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this is the reality
as I see it, and, as I see it was garnered through experience with this sort

of problem.

By the way, who was it that installed the system in the first place?

The reason I ask, is if it's a new computer, then you can take it back and
get them to install the OS and format the drive correctly.

If it isn't a new computer, then who did your last install, as they should
be able to re-install the entire works.

Victor

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com