JM:
I followed your instructions, and my name is on the owner section. When you say user name, what exactly do you mean; as I have never set up any of this stuff previously. So, I am at a loss for clarity. Thanks.

-----Original Message----- From: JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:13 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Administrative rights on External Hard Drive

HI.
Is this a prompt? As in, do you have the option to continue?

If not, you should try changing the "owner" of the drive.

Go to "this pc" and find your external hit.
Hit alt-enter to bring up the properties of the drive.
Select the "security" tab, by hitting right arrow from "general" until you
hear "security".
Click the "advanced" button.
Check the owner of the drive.
To change it, hit the "change" link
Enter your username in the appropriate box.

You should be allowed full access. There are a lot of settings you can
adjust here, but I don't think you should need to mess with any of them.