here's the approach I've taken with a few client's regarding the outlook
email notification.

Try the following:

Select "File" then "Manage Rules & Alerts" button

Create a new rule

Start from a blank rule and select "Apply rule on messages I receive"

Click "Next"

On the next screen where it asks which conditions you want to check, click
"Next" again and you will be asked if you want the rule to be applied to
every
message you receive.

Click "Yes"

Select checkbox "Play a sound"

In the window just below where it says "Step 2" click on the "Play a sound"
link and browse to sound file you want to play

Click on the "Open" button

Your selected sound should then appear in the "Step 2" window

Click "Next"

Click "Next" again (unless you want any exceptions)

Specify a name for your new rule and then click "Finish"

That's it!

Let me know if it works.
I don't expect you to perform these steps, however, just giving you a little
thought.

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but
what they conceal is vital.