David!  I had discovered that I stayed in OE to work the insert s that you
mentioned, so I went down to highlighted, but it has changed nothing.
I will say that I have fixed another problem by accident, and that was that
Jaws was only reading the first couple of paras of the email and then stopped.
I went to tools--options--read, and the only thing that I could think of
changing was "read in plain text" which I changed to "read in html", and VOILA
  ! when I came back to the message list, they were being read in their
entirety.  I must admit that Jaws has got a little carried away with itself as
it is now reading portions of the message twice, but at least it is reading.  I
still cannot convince Jaws that I don't want it to read the menu or tool bar or
whatever it is reading, but that is a minor problem with which I can put up.

          Jewel

database 4034 (20090424) __________

http://www.eset.com

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at: