I noticed the same thing with JFW10 and Office 2003. I do transcription, so would appreciate having the hard page breaks announced. Even when you turn the announcement on, it doesn't seem to change anything. I don't really understand why in Jaws, seems with every new version, something that was working just fine in a prior version ceases to work.
Sherri
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Belville" <missktlab1...@verizon.net>
To: "JAWS Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:29 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 10 Not Announcing Page Breaks in MS Word 2002

Hi, all.

Using JAWS 10.1154 with MS Word 2002.

If I'm reading line by line or as a say all, JAWS will tell me when I move from one page to another, but it will not indicate hard page breaks, which is what I'm needing specifically.

A hard page break is made by doing a Control+Enter. Basically, it's forcing word to create a new page outside of the current margin and page size parameters.

I've tried the normal and print view, as well as toggled zoom from 75% to 100%.

I've checked my formatting and editing options, and JAWS is set up to speak page breaks. However, JAWS no longer indicates a soft or hard page break as it did in previous versions of JAWS.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Lisa

The problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in hot car. The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1...@verizon.net