I have an Acer Aspire with Jaws 11  but am not getting this problem.

Can I suggest that you do the following.

Cursor to the link you are trying to download from but do not press on it.
Now press insert F7  to bring up the links list.
Make sure the link you want is highlighted in the list. If it is not move up
or down to that link.
Now press tab once to go to the move to link button.
Press space on the button to move to the link.
Make sure now that you do not touch the touch pad arrow keys or any other
keys.
Now press the application key and hopefully the right context menu  will
come up.

Regards

David griffith