From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Jean Menzies
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:11 PM
To: Jaws Users List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] laptops and OS

Hello all,

I don't have time to read many messages, so apologize if this has been
covered or is of common knowledge.

I am in the market for a laptop computer. I've never owned a laptop and
don't know what to look for or avoid as a blind user. I will have to upgrade
Jaws as I'm back on version 8. I'm thinking that most laptops now are sold
with Windows 2007 operating system. How does Jaws work with that? Of course,
it would be whatever current version Jaws is at, version 11 I think. Also, I
would then have to make the leap to Office 2007 from Office 2003. I may have
to use Office 2007 including PowerPoint, Excel, IE, and Word in school next
fall. I'll know that for sure later this week, but I would expect that they
will not be using my favourite 2003 stuff.

Anyway, any pointers on upgrading would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jean

  "Hear no evil speak no evil and you'll never be invited to a party."
--Oscar Wilde