  From: Brian Lee
  To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 4:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] H J pad, list view

  Hi Rich,

  I am not sure why you are not finding the choice.  Unfortunately, I am not
  at a system with XP Home but I know that with XP Professional the "arrange
  by" choice is present.  Make sure that after using CTRL with O to bring up
  the open dialog box and that after you use shift with tab to move into the
  list view that there is nothing selected.  If a file or folder name is
  selected then the context menu that you get when using the application key
  will have choices specific to that file or folder.  If JAWS doesn't say
"not
  selected" then try using CTRL with spacebar to take the selection off of
the
  file or folder.  Of course, if nothing is selected and you use the CTRL
with
  spacebar command then you will be selecting as it is a toggle command.
When
  nothing is selected then use the application key and check for a choice
with
  a submenu that would have to do with setting the order of the list such as
  the "arrange by" or "sort by."  If you don't find such a menu then perhaps
  someone else with XP home can give you a suggestion.

  Take care.

  Brian Lee
  brianl...@charter.net