Hi. You could use total recorder. That is by far one of the best recorders with many options and its very very accessible, ideal if you want to transfer tapes or records to MP3/ogg/aac/wav/wma etc etc, it supports many more formats. you need a 3.5 to 3.5 MM lead or headphone to headphone lead as they're sometimes called. hope this helps.
Mo.

Holger Fiallo wrote:
Hi, all
 I am looking for a program that I can records tapes into MP 3 files for my
computer. I have many audio books that I purchase in the past and CDs that
people had got for me. I would like to transfer all those books into my PC
Which program I need and what type of cable will need to connect my tape
recorder to the PC to record my audio books. A good program that works well
with jaws will be good.
Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard