What do you mean? When you press that function key, that is the key to the right of the left control in combination with other keys, F12 for instance, does it say the time? Or if you press that key wit F11, does it invoke the system tray thing? Is that what you mean by that being a JAWS key also? Because if that's what you mean, I can say that not all laptops behave like that so it would be quite confusing if you call that JAWS key by definition. But if I did not understand what you mean, kindly clarify your post here because it is really confusing to some. Thanks ----- Original Message ----- From: "Deanne Miller" <jawsstude...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] LAPTOP KEYS WITH JAWS

The caps lock key absolutely doubles as the jaws key on a laptop. There is, though, a key on all of the laptops I have used, as well as my Acer netbook, that functions as a jaws key. It is the second key in from the left on the bottom row of keys, just to the right of the control key. Officially, I think it's called the function key, but don't quote me on that. I have worked as a computer trainer/technician for about three years now, and I've found this key on all of the laptops I have used, including my own. I have fouhnd that it performs very nearly all of the same functions as the caps lock key on a laptop. It's simply another option, that's all.
Deanne
-- Original Message ----- From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <andrew.bara...@va.gov>