My kid's computer, which is now running Windows 7, had a simillar issue with coming out of sleep. A week or so after upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, Windows Update decided there was a better video driver available and performed an automatic update. With the new generic driver, it would switch to a screen resolution that the hardware did not support! I had to retreive the best available video driver for that model on the Dell website and install it. Additionally, I needed to hide that suggestion to update the driver again in Windows Update. Point is perhaps installing a better video driver will do the trick. Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
Dean Kamen

From: "Jo Luland" <jolul...@verizon.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:18 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] AUTOMATICALLY START JAWS

Hi All, Thanks for all your suggestions. Well, I tried power options and FS also checked to see that they were set to "never". I'm not sure this is a JAWS issue, though, but when I leave the computer for awhile, it just stays where it is. Yesterday, A friend came to see if she could help. When she tried to use the mouse, it, too, didn't work. We had to turn it off in order for her to use the mouse. Today, I did what FS suggested, leave narrator running to see if it was still there. It wasn't. Neither was NVDA. When this happens the screen is dark, but my friend could see that the computer was on. This is a brand new computer with Windows 7 and I don't have any idea what I can do next. I'll give FS another try to see if anyone can come up with a solution or a suggestion. I'm wondering if it's a Windows issue. Again, thanks to all who responded.
Jo
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Rawls" <jazzpi...@verizon.net>