HI Kimber;

Here is message rules steps written by David Whitehead.  Maybe these will be
easier than the ones I typed up.

Hello Yvonne ;

I'm assuming when you say; "when i go up and down  the list of folders the

reader announces each one

however it says 1 is open".

your referring to a folder is opened?

this is because, the new folders were created with in the inbox, and, not in

the local folders.

give these steps a try;

Outlook Express Message Rules;

First make a folder named XXX-LIST.

the folder name could be, BlindComputing

 To do so, press control shift E, type Name of folder , then tab and arrow

up to

local

folders, then hit enter.

Now your ready to create a message rule.

Alt+t for tools.

press the letter "R" for mail...  and press enter.

Your now placed in the message rules. If this is the first rule your

creating, then, skip step 3.

Tab to new and press enter.

Down-arrow until you hear, "Not checked Where the to or CC line contains

people", and press the spacebar to check this item.

Tab once, you should hear, "not checked, move it to the specified folder",

press spacebar to check this item.

Tab twice, and type in name of the rule. Hear you can type in, email list

address.

blind-comput...@jaws-users.com>

Now shift+tab once, you should hear, "Where the to or CC line contains

people, contains people", press enter.

Now your being asked, to select people, again, type in the email address,

then, tab once to add, and press enter.

Now down-arrow until you hear, "the email list address", and press enter.

Now, you land in the, "Rule Description", down-arrow until you hear, "move

it to the specified folder, specified", now press enter.

now your being asked, to move to folder, you need to arrow and highlight the

name of folder, and press enter.

Now your being asked to move it to, arrow and highlight the name of the

folder, and tab ok, and press enter.

Now tab to apply. and press the spacebar.

Tab, and press the spacebar on, select all.. Button.

Tab, and enter on, apply now button.

press enter on ok.

Tab close, and press enter.

Tab ok, and press enter.

Now your message rule has been created. You can now down arrow to your

folder.