thanks for the feedback. Jaws 3.7.1 used to be my favorite version for several years. *smile*

Eventually this laptop might go to a new home but I'll enjoy getting it ready for that. <g>

Thanks bunches.

Doris

At 11:44 AM 5/17/2011, you wrote:
3.71 should work fine on that old system.

David Ferrin
http://www.jaws-users.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Doris and Chris
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:36 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Wich jaws version for Old laptop?

we have an old laptop here running win 95 A on a 100 mhz cpu wiht 40 megs of
RAM.

We bought that laptop before i lost my sight and I did use it with speech
once upon a time. However, I do not remember what jaws version I used at the
time.

Does anyone know the system requirements of the jaws 3.x generation still? I
have a hardware synthesizer I can use and the first version of jaws I used
was 3.0.

I found that jaws 3.7.x worked best with win 9x at the time but am wondering
if the above laptop would  be good enough to run jaws 3.7U or 3.7.1.

Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Doris