I appreciate the feedback.

thanks much.

Doris

At 12:12 PM 5/17/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
I think that you should use JAWS 3.0 stil.
I don't know why would you like to be able to use this old machine.

Best regards,

Adi.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doris and Chris" <chipmu...@gmx.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:36 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Wich jaws version for Old laptop?

we have an old laptop here running win 95 A on a 100 mhz cpu wiht 40 megs of RAM.

We bought that laptop before i lost my sight and I did use it with speech once upon a time. However, I do not remember what jaws version I used at the time.

Does anyone know the system requirements of the jaws 3.x generation still? I have a hardware synthesizer I can use and the first version of jaws I used was 3.0.

I found that jaws 3.7.x worked best with win 9x at the time but am wondering if the above laptop would be good enough to run jaws 3.7U or 3.7.1.

Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Doris