This is not just a question which version of jaws will work on win 95 but which version is doable with the system specs.

You are right: jaws 6.2 is the last version to support win 95 but I think this might be to much of a system hog for our little old dino.

TThanks for the feedback!

Doris

At 02:59 PM 5/17/2011, you wrote:
I believe anything below version 7 will work.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doris and Chris" <chipmu...@gmx.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:36 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Wich jaws version for Old laptop?

we have an old laptop here running win 95 A on a 100 mhz cpu wiht 40 megs of RAM.

We bought that laptop before i lost my sight and I did use it with speech once upon a time. However, I do not remember what jaws version I used at the time.

Does anyone know the system requirements of the jaws 3.x generation still? I have a hardware synthesizer I can use and the first version of jaws I used was 3.0.

I found that jaws 3.7.x worked best with win 9x at the time but am wondering if the above laptop would be good enough to run jaws 3.7U or 3.7.1.

Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Doris