To turn Google Instant off (more durably): On the google page, Go to options; Search Settings; and then go into the preferences now using h for navigation by headings, and then arrow down and check the radiobutton for google instant OFF. then Save your changes and exit.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Marang" <donald.mar...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS and Google

It is because Google is making this page too fancy. Yes the Instant Search screws things up. Unfortunately, the link to turn Instant Search off only applies to the current session. When you search again, it is turned back on! They were also hiding the edit box initially, which caused problems for screen readers. I think they did away with that.

I have found that getting out of Forms Mode and refreshing the page usually solves the problem of the typed text not appearing in the edit box. This can be accomplished by hitting the Escape key twice. Now, you may need to press e to find the edit box again. If you do not have Forms Mode set to automatic, press the Space bar to enter Forms Mode.

I would rather Google remember that I do not want Instant Search. They should also keep the interface simple!

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org <http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen