I have not created any DAISY books, but I have looked into what is available. Have you looked at the solutions promoted at the daisy.org site? They have a pipeline Open Source project for more advanced creation. They also have links to other solutions. One is a plugin for Word. It is not a typical Windows type installation. You will need to follow the directions and copy files to the proper location. The next time you open Word, a detailed set of instructions will appear as a document on the use of the plugin. It creates new menus for DAISY creation. Since it is all done in Word, it will be familiar and accessible.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org <http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen