I used the first method you outlined using the widnows run dialog box. After being instructed to reboot unfortunately the menus were not repaired as I thought they would be. I did save these notes because I am certain they will be more than useful down the road. I think learning a new process is equally important as the desired result outcomes. Thanks much. Looks like I have to stick with jaws v12 for the time being until I decide to uninstall and reinstall v13 again.