Hi.

Try e.g. to download the Jaws 14 install file and the FSOmnipage installation so theire in the same folder, it should work.

Hans Pauli.

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- Fra: Tim Bennett
Dato: 31. oktober 2012 11:22
Til: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Emne: [JAWS-Users] Windows 8 / JAWS 14 Installation Problem

Hey Everyone,

I have a new ultrabook running Windows 8.  I am connecting to the
internet with Verizon using a USB modem.  I am browsing using Internet
Explorer 10 and Firefox 16.  I am getting my email using Thunderbird.  I
am running NVDA which can check for and install updates without any problem.

I downloaded JAWS 14 64 bit using another machine and installed it on my
Windows 8 machine.  It said there was a problem with the internet
connection and some components were not installed.  I have removed and
reinstalled JAWS several times with the same error.  The internet
connection is fine.  When I try to update authorization it says there is
a problem with the internet connection.  If I do a check for updates on
the help menu it says there is a problem with the internet connection.

The internet connection is working with no problems.  Only JAWS can't
find it.  I don't think it's trying to use the connection because it
comes back instantly and says there is a problem with the connection.

I have successfully installed JAWS 14 on a Windows 7 laptop using the
USB modem and the Verizon software. (VZAccess Manager.)

Not sure what to check or why JAWS doesn't recognize the connection.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

--
Tim Bennett
Indianapolis, IN