I doubt it has much to do with JFW, for I have seen the same thing with Window-eyes if I move enough files. My best answer is to pay closer attention; when things slow down nuke explorer and relaunch it. There is also a hotfix for explorer and network situations, you might try grabbing it and see if it helps you.