Great post Mike Boyd. I personally value your balanced approach to accessibility issues.
Glen Barwick

***

On 09-Nov-14 12:37 PM, Mike Boyd wrote:

Gerald,

Malware Bytes 2.0315 is the initial release that everyone is calling
simply 2.03. When you open the program, and tab down to the Dashboard
item, you can then left or right arrow through the different tabs, and
then tab down in each tab to change your settings, schedule your scans,
etc. Like the 2015 version of Vipre, we are not just saying that it is
accessible to get other people to download and install it, these
programs are accessible just the way they are. Sonetimes one has to do a
little work and investigating to figure these things out. One cannot
expect to have everything handed to them on a plate expecting it to work
in a perfectly accessible manner. Everyone should put out a little
effort and try to make these programs work for them. I do not know
everyone's story on this list, but I lived for 45 years with my sight,
then had to adapt to living without it, and just as in my profession as
an engineer before, I am still finding ways to do the things that
sometimes seem undoable to most people, and the first rule is that one
cannot take things at face value, but must look at them from every angle
to find the opening to the solution. I realize that Mike B's friend Mr
Cusson is working diligently to try to get the Vipre development team to
change the program to be "shout in your face" accessible, but this is
not always required. I have a friend at Malware Bytes, William Roland,
who kept me up to date on the progress of the release of version 2.0315,
and he notified me when it was released, asking me to evaluate it and
send back any further comments concerning the accessibility of the
program. I had about 4 items to report back to him about, and was
promised that these would be addressed in the next release. I also told
him that, for the most part, the program is plenty accessible for a
blind person to use. Please know that I am willing to help anyone who
cannot get these programs to work for them, it only takes a little
direction to get someone headed down the right path.

Regards,
Mike
blindb...@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy