Mike, when I change the view to list, JAWS does not read the details if I arrow to the right. nor does changing to small icons, tile, or content. you mention custom. where is it? it's not in the view menu. I'm using w7 pro 64.

I've changed the view file setting of "always show icons, never thumbnails" to on. I don't know if this will help.

On 5/22/2015 6:51 PM, Michael B. wrote:
Hi Mario,

I'm sorry but, at this point I just don't have anything else to add.  The
steps I outlined are how I set my folders / sub-folders but, I use List View
so, that might be the difference.  Have you tried using the Customize This
Folder...., option in the View Menu?
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iGoDodgersBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mario
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] default view details

Mike, I opened a folder and set the view details to my liking (alt+v
then h, used alt+d or alt+u to adjust position of detail).
after following the directions that you offered:
I backed out and opened another folder with different file types.
the order of details did not carry over from the first folder.
ditto my original query.