From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of David Ferrin
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 5:10 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] the get windows 10 prompt and C P U usage

Well it's not your processor most likely at all. Rather the amount of stuff
that it is forced to process during the average cycle so far as programs
running at startup ETC.

Sadly to my way of thinking that most software venders believe their products
are so important that they should run all of the time instead of only when
needed.

For example I use a program called web drive to send things back and forth to
the server for you folks to download. A very important bit of software to me
but only needed for a few minutes every once in a while. Yet south river
technology thinks it should run all of the time which of course I refuse to
allow. Therefore that saves my system a lot of resources which otherwise would
simply go to waste.

Oh it takes a second or so longer to load when I launch it but I'm OK with that
minor cost of doing business.
David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a
simpler system that worked perfectly.