Hi Lenny,

As the other person suggested, do a system restore to a time before you did the malware scan, but I would suggest you go through the services and start-up panels of the MS configuration file to see if anything unrecognizable is starting up. In other words, look for the malware manually before you actually do a malware scan, that way you have more control over what it finds and what it doesn't.

After you've disabled that things that are causing her system to start up slowly, go into the installed programs, which, if using Windows Vista, 7 or 8, will be called Programs and Features, and uninstall all unrecognizable programs that have been installed that sound like viruses and/or iffy programs.

You might also want to look at the add-ones currently installed in her browser, whether it be Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome.

Either way, this may very well be some really weird toolbars or other stuff that has gotten installed without her knowledge, or worse, with her knowledge, but still she chose to install them because she thought they wouldn't do any harm.

I love it when girlfriends, wives and daughters install stuff they don't think will do any harm. It's what keeps me in business. LOL.

Anyway, good luck with your project dujour.  Smiles.

Scorpio