Hi.
That ought to be helpful, yes indeed. The only issue I have with that method is that often the microphone is too quiet compared to the level of the internally generated audio, as in your demo. In some cases, full volume on the microphone wasn't nearly loud enough. Also, there is generally some latency to the looped back audio, so you hear what you said with a short delay coming through your earphones, pretty disconcerting, makes it tough to talk properly.

Also in your audio you didn't mention that the recording application needs to be recording from either stereo mix or from loopback that is associated with the sound device who's audio you want, plus the microphone you're using needs to be listened to on that same audio device.

Lol, did I just punch a bunch of holes in your overview or what, sorry about that, I actually did appreciate the walkthrough, dog gone me and my views grin.

Btw, there isn't any other methods that I am aware of that don't involve using a third party app like sound tap or using a mixer. You can mess around with virtual audio cable driver to accomplish this in a round-about manner, but it isn't of any better use than the way you cover.

Hmm you know, I wonder if it is possible to use two gold wave or other daw windows both recording at the same time, from different inputs one being stereo mix or loopback and the other being your microphone, and then mix them together, kinda clunky but potentially has better results. Probably not possible though, at least not while using both stereo mix and mic input at the same time on the same audio device. Might work if you have two actual audio devices one of which is doing it's stereo mix or loopback and the other audio device is being used just for microphone input.

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.2.0 portable