I did mine with a single instance of Gold Wave. Yes the echo in my ears does take a bit of getting accustomed to working with it. I fiddled with the volume of my voice and jaws before recording. I do my recordings under the impression that if a person is going to try whatever the tutorial is about then by that point they have achieved certain abilities and can figure various things out for themselves.

Do a demo and if it is posted I'll give it a listen as I know there is always more than one way to do things on a computer. -----Original Message----- From: valiant8086
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 9:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] audio file

Hi.
I just tried recording with two gold wave windows simultaneously, in the
devices tab of options (f11), I had one window set to record microphone
-realtek), in the other one, I had that set to (loopback realtek). You
have to do something that'll be heard in both the microphone and on the
internal sound at roughly the same time, for this I tried whacking a
button loudly so I'd hear me pressing the button and the speech
response. When mixing, I tried to duplicate the noise of me whacking the
key in the one track to match up with the response from jaws, it's
definitely kind of complicated, but it worked and it worked
astonishingly well. I think if one is trying to do a really nice quality
podcast or just a good quality review of something, this is a good way
to do it. Just save one of the two files when finished to the hard
drive, close the window that made the file just saved, and then open the
file in the remaining window, and that window will be the one you use to
mix the two files together.

I could try to figure out how to demo this too if anybody thinks they
might want to try it.

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates
Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community
http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.2.0 portable