Since I could not fix thekeyboard manager keystroke for (ctrl e) activate searchbox I uninstalled and reinstalled jaws v16. I just uninstalled jaws and left the shared my computer components alone. I think that's the name of the option for the second choice while starting the uninstall process. When jaws was successfully reinstalled and I hit finished all my prier settings were unchanged and jaws did not ask me to reboot. Whe I looked at the keyboard manager the activate searchbox keystroke at the top of the list was still missing. So I rebooted anyway thinking that might solve the problem. Upon rebooting the only thing that was changed was I had to fix the shortcut key to start jaws and the logon information under the basic option. Again, the activate searchbox keystroke still wasn't fixed. I'm at least happy that the lack of the keystroke does not seem to interfere with my work. Curious, what does that keystroke (ctrl e) actually do and when is it utilized?

"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique
landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."