Hi,
Technical Support states that the hot key not starting JAWS is a
documented issue and they are working on it. I am also having the
issue you describe with starting JAWS on Windows10.
Another means of restarting JAWS after turning it off for now is to go
to the run menu with windows plus r and press the backspace key once
or twice to clear any information that has been typed previously. Then
type jaws17 in lowercase and without any spaces and press enter. This
should start the program.
Hope that helps