Brian, so your saying it's a problem with Word 2010 and there's nothing I can do to correct this problem, or are there things I can do other than "adding to document" just to check the formatting? At first, I thought there must be a simple fix but now your response is discouraging because "adding to document" adds a tedious procedure that shouldn't have to be.