From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Steve
Sent: December 21, 2016 5:48 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] now i'm desperate for help amazon assistant.

Manual Removal Instructions:

These are for Chrome, IE and Firefox respectively:

Remember, after you run the uninstallation to click the Next button lick
Next to finish the uninstallation. Your browser window will be closed.

  1.. Right-click in the lower-left corner of your screen, and then click
Control Panel.
  2.. Click Uninstall a program or Programs and Features.
  3.. In the list of applications double-click Amazon Assistant (or Amazon
Browser Bar on older versions). The uninstallation will be launched.
  4.. Click Next to finish the uninstallation. Your browser window will be
closed.
Manual Removal Instructions
In case uninstalling from the Control Panel was not available or
unsuccessful, here are step-by-step instructions on how to remove our
browser and search products for each major browser:

  a..
  b.. Manual Removal Instructions for Chrome
Removing the Amazon Assistant extension
  1.. Navigate to Tools and then Extensions
  2.. Click the Trash can icon next to the Amazon Assistant for Chrome
extension
Removing Amazon Web Search as your home page
  1.. Click the Chrome menu and select Settings
  2.. Under On startup, click Disable extension
Changing your default search engine
  1.. Click the Chrome menu and select Settings
  2.. Under Search, click Disable extension
In addition, you can delete Web Search by clicking the x next to the Amazon
Web Search listing to remove Amazon Web Search

Removing Amazon Assistant and Amazon Browser Bar extension From IE 11:
The Amazon Assistant and Amazon Browser Bar extension always have to be
removed with the uninstaller listed in the Windows Control Panel. Follow the

steps listed above.

Removing Amazon Web Search as your home page
  1.. Click the Tools button and select Internet options
  2.. Enter your new home page in the Home page section, or click Use
default
  3.. Click OK
Changing your default search engine
  1.. Click the Tools button and select Manage add-ons
  2.. Under Add-on Types, click Search Providers
  3.. Select your new default search provider and click Set as default
  4.. In addition, you can delete Amazon Web Search by selecting Amazon and
clicking Remove
In addition, you can delete Web Search by selecting Amazon from the list of
search providers on the right and click the Remove button

Removing the Amazon Assistant extension
  1.. Click the orange Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons
  2.. Select Extensions from the left sidebar and then press the Remove
button for the Amazon Assistant for Firefox listing
Removing Amazon Web Search as your home page
  1.. Click the Firefox menu and select Options
  2.. Under Startup, enter your new homepage in the Home Page box, or click
Restore to Default
Removing Amazon Web Search as your default search engine
  1.. Click the magnifying glass in the Search box, then click Change Search

Settings
  2.. Under One-click search engines, select Amazon and click