From: danch
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 6/7/01 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Fast Updates Based on Row ID

K.V. Vinay Menon wrote:

> Dan Ch,
>     Well as you might have noticed the code will work as usual if the
> rowid-column field is not specified in jaws.xml. If it is specified,
it will
> then be used instead of the primary key. I am not sure of how other
> databases work with rowids which is why jaws will still default to
normal
> behaviour.

I think i'd rather have a flag on the JAWS entity to turn on
'oracle-tuned-updates' than just indicating the name of the rowid
column. That way people will be less likely to turn it on for other
databases.

>     Do you think we are in a position to submit the source? I'd have
rather
> sent the modified source files for peer review in case I have goofed
up!
> And *then* committed changes. Do you have the time to spare?

I think we've gotten a pretty good peer review already. However, with
the insert issue and the change Georg points out later (detect empty
rowIDValue and fall back on primary key) I think you should probably
work those ideas into the code and post again. Are you on the JBossCMP
mailing list? Perhaps we should move this discussion there.