let's chill on that one for a couple of days... it is a tricky one.

I did get it right the first time around (when we were benching at SUN).
Simone put a fancier cache but missed the One-Busy-Wait error, I will try to
fix it.  Frankly I need to sit down and think about the options and the
locking strategy...

marcf