From: David Esposito [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 1:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] ejbStore() delay seems to be a serious problem

That's what I want ... I don't want the data to be committed, I just need it
to be visible by other operations that occur under the same transaction
context. In my example in my email, I neglected to mention what actually
happens when you execute my block of code:

The database throws a hemorrhage because there is a non-cascading delete RI
constraint between the member_company_address table and the credit_card
table. The situation would be even more serious if the constraint WERE
cascading (ON DELETE CASCADE) ... In that case, the remove() method on my
address object would actually remove the credit_card record in the DB that
JBOSS had its hands on. ... Both of which would be avoided if the UPDATE to
the credit_card record had happened immediately when i issued my setXXX()
method on the remote object ..

I am surprised that I am the only one that has raised this particular
example. It seems like it's something that people would do every day.

I could come up with several other illustrative examples of where this is a
problem ... but I think this one is the simplest to understand ...

-Dave