My fault ... I forgot to copy the client lib directory over from the build
directory ...

Ok, so that seems to be a workaround ... Here's what I did:

Changed my setRecord in my EntityBean to do something like this:

public void setRecord(CreditCardRecord rec)
{
  this.member_company_id          = rec.member_company_id;
  this.cardholder_name            = rec.cardholder_name;
  this.billing_address_id         = rec.billing_address_id;

  //Force the changes out to the DB immediately
  try{flush();}
  catch(Exception e){throw new EJBException("Unable to write bean's contents
to persistent storage!" + e);}

}

Then I implemented a flush() and getID() method in my EntityBean:

public void flush() throws RemoteException, FinderException
{
  ((CreditCardHome)context.getEJBHome()).findByPrimaryKey(getID());
}

public Integer getID(){return this.credit_card_id;}

It seems to have worked ... I ran several tests and it looks like the
Container triggers the ejbStore() when it encounters the findByXXX call ...

Is this a good long-term solution? It seems a little kludgy ...

If this is the final solution, would you like for me to document it?

-Dave