Hi,
sorry to nitpick, however my experience with Oracle's implementation of
read committed is that all operations done in a transaction are definitely
visible within that transaction.  They are not visible to other
transactions until you commit.  This is the standard industry wide meaning
of read committed.  Can you imagine using a database where you couldn't
verify the effects of your work until after you had committed them?????
david jencks

<snip>