I need a 2 stage startup because ClusterPartition creates an
HAPartition(This is the actual cluster object) in the init() phase.
MBean-managed HA services like HA-JNDI register themselves with the
HAPartition in the init() phase.  In the start() phase, the ClusterPartition
makes the Connection to the JavaGroups message Channel.  When the connection
is connected, the state-transfer protocol initiates.  In other words, HA
services(HA-JNDI) need to register with the ClusterPartition before the
cluster connections are set up.  Without the 2 phase approach,
initial-state-synchronization will not work.

Bill