Unfortunately at this moment in time it is not possible to hot-deploy a
clustered service that depends on state-transfer.  You can hot-deploy
clustered EJBs though, well at least for SLSB and EBs. Sacha, what about
SFSBs?

> If it is not possible to add a service to a started cluster, you should
> document the contents of the cluster with an mbean-ref-list tag including
> all mbean-ref-list-elements participating in the cluster.  The cluster can
> then do whatever it wants with them, they will be started before the
> cluster is started.

Yes, yes.  I know about dependencies.

> If it is possible to add a service to a started cluster, each service can
> depend on the cluster, so it will be started after the cluster,
> and can get
> whatever synchronization it needs set up when it starts.
>
> What are the problems with this approach?  I used the second with jbossmq
> startup.

Services requiring state-transfer like HA-JNDI must register with an object
created by the ClusterPartition.  The ClusterPartition cannot complete
JavaGroups connections until the all these HA services have registered with
the ClusterPartition.  The ClusterPartition should not know about who
depends on it.

Because of quirkiness of JavaGroups, services cannot ask for
state-synchronization once the Group connection has been initiated.

BTW, I originally did nothing in init(), until I discovered that I needed a
2 phase initialization.  Please, trust me,  I need 2 phase initialization in
order for a clean design.

Bill