|Its fine to support sharing of stateless interceptors, but to say this is
|the only
|way interceptors should be handled forces a refactoring of exising usage
|without sufficient justification.

Neither Rickard nor I are saying this.

We are saying, gosh, most interceptors are generic (including the ones you
are describing, it would just mean that some come specific to the bean, big
deal, we don't preclude it), then let's factor them in a clean way we we can
talk to them independenly through the JMX bus and thus offer trivial
scripting of flows (you want to add transaction behaviour to an assembly,
you can).

There can be as many mbeans as there are security types. Even one per
container, it is irrelevant but at least that metadata would be dynamically
updatable (defeating one of the points rickard makes about "ejb").

Look for the umpth time, we are talking of code that won't materialize in
the next coming weeks.  I will go with the lindfors/oberg initial
description of the stack, which is just what we have with some more
flexibility in the loading of configurations.

I    need   to    turn    off    this    email     station   :  -   )

marcf