I think you need to remove the anonymous mbean-ref unless you actually have
a mbean named JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=PostgreSQL.  If you do, what does it do?
 If not, your ConnectionFactoryLoader will never get started since it is
waiting for an mbean you have no plans to create, ever.

The original anonymous mbean-ref was needed because jboss is starting the
embedded hsqldb server itself, and it doesn't make sense to start up the
ConnectionFactory until the db is available.  However, with an external db
in a separate process, you are unlikely to be starting it with an mbean.

david jencks