Guys,

You all may or may not agree, but the current structure of mbean xml files is really confusing.  I think the concept of one mbean file containing all out-of-the-box components that come with JBoss is much easier for a new user to understand( and for me for that matter :).  In the 2.4.x series, all you had to do was look at jboss.jcml to see and configure all components in jboss and what order they were brought up in the system.  Don't get me wrong, the hot deploy of mbeans and the ability to define dependencies is really really cool, but it is very confusing for the beginning user( and users moving from 2.4.x to 3.0).  Basically, what I'm saying is that shit is everywhere and looks like a mess.

Another thing that really bothers me is that on boot-up, jboss tells you "JBOSS 3.0RH Alpa started", then after it says it has started, a million other things get deployed including all of your beans!

Another question.  How do I write initializer mbeans?  What I mean by an initializer is something that runs AFTER all mbean components and EJBs have been deployed.  Like WebLogic startup-up classes.  How can I write something like this in the new architecture.

Regards,

Bill