|For replication. Each time the session is modified, we need to marshall it
|and send it on other nodes. This is where the sticky load-balancer comes
|into the place. If calls for the same session are redirected to the same
|hosts, we only pay the marshaling cost: as the session is cached on the
|host, we don't pay the unmarshalling cost.

you mean you keep an unmarshalled copy locally? then that is correct, you
only pay the transport price.

So if the bean is colocated and you get 2 gets on the bean, the second one
doesn't go through a mo.get()? but returns a live reference?

|> is the way to get to the session only through JMX? that is only
|> local right?
|> if you are in a remote node you use the jndi stuff to the get the
|> interface
|> and get/set the session on it right?
|
|Each node has the JMX service running on it. The usual way to play with
|sessions is through the JMX service that wrapps the entity bean thus we can
|add some behaviour if needed without impacting the bean impl.
|
|We always play with local entity beans. the state distribution is
|managed at
|the persistent store level.

forget local entities they are pure "portable spec space" constructs and
don't add anything intra-JBoss.  Minor point,

the thing that worries me is the following I would want the servlet to do
jndi.lookup().
findbyprimarykey(the http session)
get/set from the ejb interface.  Is that there?

|For remote access to the JMX service, I haven't coded anything right now.
|But the detached invokers is also here for that, no? Only need some kind of
|client proxy.

then the *location* of the call be it local or not is irrelevant.

|> also if you store the "session" as a MarshalledObject you pay the
|> serialization price don't you (as in mo.get())? the MO should
|only be used
|> in distribution (see the ejb proxies for example).  The payload
|> must remain
|> deseriazed in a cache.
|
|Yes. As long as we play locally and the session is not modified on another
|host, we don't unserialize the data but play with cached data.

ok, good, scratch the above then

marcf