|This is using Ant as the deployment language. If the sar depends on the
|war because it is adapting a legacy protocol to soap for example, you
|would then need to repackage the above to:
|
|jar/
|---war/
|------sar
|------jar2

that is correct,

|I would rather see an ear as the standalone deployment package and
|include a jboss-application.xml descriptor that allows for the
|specification
|of deployment ordering in there.

it is limited to ears scott, we need something that works across of
deployment units.

the right way (TM) is with 77 (objectname) dependencies when everything is
an mbean with an objectname in 77

but
1- this is ways off and requires some work in all the layers
2- this requires xml coding, you need to code the exact names to achieve the
right order, and these are jmx like object names that are subject to fucking
up...

i wasn't shooting for the stars, just something to start with and make sure
we reach final with a foolproof way of explaining how to do dependencies.

i am actually partial to the solution below
1- deployN directories as rcN
2- war/jar/sar/xml as implicit ordering within one directory (we are j2ee
after all)
3- the S00MyJAR.jar numbering of unix within one directory as this will
enable us to move to straight xml files, where we would have
S78my-service.xml, S92mybean.xml (with unified xml a la david jencks),
S333mywar.xml.... the need to package an ear as implicit unit then sorts of
dissapear if we have a way to specify the URL context, which david unified
proposal does.

we have an explicit way of ordering them JUST BY NAME, you look at the
directory and you know what is going on.

i am sold... going back to training

marcf
PS: actually i think we can even REMOVE the deployN (rc.d) and just go with
straightnumbering and voila... hmmm simpler.