I agree.  Commit option B assumes that you can "synchronize the
instance¡¦s state from the persistent storage at the beginning of the
next transaction."  We simply don't have any method to to that in 2.4.4
or the current 3.0 code, other then reload all the data.  The optimistic
locking code that I have planed for 3.0 will allow a quick is changed
check with the database.  So until then option B doesn't buy you much.

-dain