Bill, thanks for configuration, but it is the same as what I am trying.

>Henri wrote:
>the EntityMultiInstanceSynchronizationInterceptor.java
>implementation of jboss 2.4.4 always calling
>ejbPassivate() no matter it is Option B or Option C.

After logging messages and examining the codes (in afterCompletion()), I found both
option B and C passivate beans as soon as a transaction complete.

A quick patch is to move "container.getPersistenceManager().passivateEntity(ctx)"
under C_COMMIT_OPTION only. However, it might not work since
"container.getInstancePool().free(ctx)" seems count on passivateEntity being called --
I am not sure. You are the expert.