I'm getting worried about the number of differences between Branch_3_0 and
HEAD.  Some work on Branch_3_0 is not yet ported to HEAD, and there are
enough differences now so even identifying what should be ported one way or
the other is getting difficult for me.

To see the extent of the differences, fire up your linux box, put the
attachments in the jboss-all directory of a 3.0.1 or 3.1 checkout, and run
the run-diff.sh.  In the created diff directory you should find a
diff-index.html to look at in your browser.  It has links to diffs for each
file with a nonempty diff.  This just counted 441 changed files.  This does
not include files present in one version but not the other, such as the
transaction manager (moved to a separate module in 3.1).

Am I being paranoid or realistic in thinking that it will be difficult to
even determine what should be synchronized between branches?

Thanks
david jencks