On 2002.06.23 10:09:50 -0400 marc fleury wrote:
> I agree,

With what? That we got ourselves into a configuration management nightmare?

> Can we focus on 3.1? and leave 3.0 as is?

The point of my message is that I can't figure out how to determine what is
in 3.0.1 but not 3.1 without looking at these 441 changed files
individually and also determining some way to find and compare moved files
(such as the tm)

 It is important we put a
> stable
> version out, it's got to be 3.1.

Ummm ok, what about 3.0.1?

I notice that the other projects I've seen branch seem to require that
everyone apply their changes to one branch or the other but not both.
Periodically one person then merges the branch changes back into main and
tags everything.  Without the tagging step after merge, changes that have
been applied to both branches confuse merge.  Perhaps we should consider
this for future branches.

david